The members of the Board of Directors for the City of Winnipeg Retirees Association hope everyone is doing well in this trying time.
CWRA volunteers aren't in the office these days as we are staying at home, and 219 Provencher Blvd. is closed during this time. We're doing our part to help "flatten the curve," using physical distancing and other measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus.
At this point, we have decided to cancel the following events from our 2020 Event Schedule:
- Monday, May 4 Seminar (Downsize Your House and Upsize Your Lifestyle) - cancelled
- Monday, June 8 Seminar (Travel Medical Insurance and Travel Packages) - cancelled
- Wednesday, June 10 Hot Dog Day at Whittier Park - cancelled
- Wednesday, June 24 Tour (Oseredok Ukrainian Museum and Cultural Education Centre) - cancelled
- Wednesday, July 8 - Group Attendance at Goldeyes Baseball - cancelled
- Wednesday, September 9 Tour (Jim's Vintage Garage Museum) - cancelled
Our next scheduled event will be the Wednesday, September 9 Hot Dog Day at Whittier Park.
Like you, we are monitoring the situation and we are looking forward to resuming our programs, activities and office support as soon as it is safe to do so. We will keep you updated on further schedule changes via our website and email.
In the meantime, if you are looking for information, you can contact us by leaving a voicemail at 204-233-2227 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage you to learn and practice the public health recommendations. As the experts say, "Now is not the time for fear. Now is the time for action to protect yourself and others." All information about the coronavirus and safety precautions can be found on the Manitoba Government website at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/index.html. If you think may be ill, take the online self-assessment first. Then call Health Links-info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free) to get directions on how to proceed.
Please stay safe and well, stay home, keep six feet away from people when you do need to go out, and wash your hands often.
The Board of Directors
City of Winnipeg Retirees Association
Hot Dog Day pictures posted: click on sub title